Let’s face it – it’s easy(er) to eat healthy and “follow the diet” when we’re eating at home. We, ideally, have all the ingredients we need and there are no temptations lurking around.
But what about when you’re going out of town for the weekend and you know there will be no decent gluten-free breakfast options (besides plain eggs) for breakfast?
Well, you bake your own! It’s all about some good ol’ planning skills. It may require a bit more of your time, but it’s totally worth it.
No excuses – just do it!
- 1 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 heaping tbsp of ground flaxseed
- 6 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1tbsp of dried oregano (optional)
- 1 tbsp of preferred herb mix (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 4″ loaf pan with parchment paper (or grease with coconut oil/ghee).
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend the eggs, honey, melted coconut oil and apple cider vinegar with an immersion blender. Mix the wet and dry ingredients, pour into the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
*You can store this paleo almond flour bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days, in the fridge for 7-10 days or in the freezer for a month or so.