I’ve made other avocado mousse desserts before that tasted good, but this one really is outstanding. As with all great things it happened innocuously, almost by accident, while I was in the hunt for (1) something sweet, (2) that contained enough protein and (3) that wouldn’t awaken my hunger – yet again – 10 minutes later (you know, my usual standards).
After spotting a Haas avocado laying side by side with the peanut butter in my fridge, a lightbulb went off – more like a calling, really – and the rest is history (which you can find throughougly documented below).
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 medium Hass avocado
- 2 tbsp of organic unsalted peanut butter
- 1 tsp of Manuka honey (you can use any other raw honey)
- 1 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp of almond milk
- Scoop out the avocado flesh with a spoon and onto a small bowl. Add other ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until a dark paste is formed (in the consistency of mousse).
- You can refrigerate it for an hour or enjoy it right away (I couldn’t wait).
- Can top with chia seeds.
If you like peanut butter, you’ll love this avocado mousse. Definitely let me know once you try it.