This is a variation of a previous recipe. I love having this oatmeal for breakfast because unlike the regular quick oatmeal, this one keeps me fuller for longer and is also packed with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Best of all, it’s ready in just 10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 1-2 tsp Five Spice Powder
- 2 tbsp of Bobs Red Mill – GF Oat Bran
- 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Protein Superfood
- Toppings: walnuts, pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts, raspberries and blueberries
- Core the apple and cut into smaller pieces.
- Place the apple pieces into a small pan and pour the water.
- Sprinkle GF oat bran on top of the apple pieces.
- Add the five spice powder.
- Cook over medium heat until the apple pieces are soft, mixing about 2 times (about 7-8 min).
- Remove from heat and blend on a NutriBullet or a regular blender.
- Top with desired amount of suggested toppings.