Tired of eating eggs every day for breakfast? You have to give this recipe a try.
It’s quick, easy, healthy AND delicious. Yet, it will require a bit of an open mind because it’s not your typical breakfast recipe. But I promise that if you do, you won’t regret it!
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 12 min | Servings: 1
- 4 ounces of tempeh
- ¼ cup of chicken/vegetable broth
- 1 yellowish plantain
- 1 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 bunch rainbow chard/spinach/kale
- 1 bunch of julienned beets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Set the oven to 400. Peel the plantain and cut it into thin slices.
- Place the plantain in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of desired oil to a large skillet and crumble the tempeh. Add 1/4 cup of chicken/vegetable broth and cook for 5 minutes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, cook until fragrant.
- Add remaining herbs, spices. Stir to incorporate, cook 2 more minutes.
- Add chard/spinach/kale and julienned beets. Place lid over skillet for 2 minutes, allowing it to wilt. Remove lid, stir to combine all ingredients.
- Remove from heat and serve mixed with plantains slices.